Infrastructure Engineer (MCSE)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Architect, build, deploy and secure Microsoft centric solutions for customers ranging in size from small to large population organizations. Apply senior level knowledge and experience to understand business challenges and opportunities and drive new and innovative approaches to technical solutions. Lead project teams comprised of customers, partners, and peers from project inception through the hand off to operations. Works under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses;
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results;
3. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients functional requirements;
4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients;
5. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups;
6. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers;
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and other technical staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities;
8. Serves as technical team or task lead;
9. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives;
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned;
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires BS/BA degree. An active Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert certification (CCIE) strongly recommended.
TS w/SCI required. Ability to pass CI Poly.
Requires 10-15 years experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Advanced knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques;
2. Advanced knowledge of the related tools, equipment, hardware, and software;
3. Ability to provide leadership to assigned tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Senior Microsoft Engineer MUST have a minimum of 8 years related experience.
Must be able to design, implement, and manage a Microsoft Infrastructure Solution Project (and related peripheral applications) including Active Directory and Exchange Server, SMS and MOM.
Broad exposure to Microsoft Server products preferred. The most desired
candidates will have some experience with the following products: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Exchange 2003; Systems Management Server; Microsoft Operations Manager; SQL Server 2000/2005.
Must demonstrate solid security fundamental within design, implementation, and management of any solution and be able to articulate the value and reasons security is core to any solution.
Strong ability to develop and deliver presentations and write technical
white papers is required.
Must demonstrate a history of successful solution development as a senior technical lead and contributor.